Ballet (Ages 5-20)
The Graded Examinations in Dance Syllabus consists of three dance disciplines:
• Ballet – the foundation and the most important part of the syllabus
• Free Movement – it has been influenced by and incorporates movements in common with other dance styles such as Natural Movement, Contemporary and Classical Greek Dance
• Character – the theatrical presentation of national dance using original ethnic dance and music which has been freely adapted for the theatre. The three styles — Hungarian, Russian and Polish — were selected because of their historic importance in the development of the nineteenth century full-length classical ballets.
Examination or Presentation class level Minimum age requirements
Pre-Primary in Dance 5 years and over
Primary in Dance 6 years and over
Grade 1 7 years and over
Grade 2 7 years and over
Grade 3 7 years and over
Grade 4 7 years and over
Grade 5 7 years and over
Grade 6 11 years and over
Grade 7 11 years and over
Grade 8 Award 11 years and over
Pre School Ballet (Ages 3-5)
Movement, music, and magic for children aged 3-5 years.
Wonderful music accompanies our creative, fun These are lively but structured classes that develop children’s physical skills and encourage creativity, expression, and musicality. And, behind all the fun, they’ll actually be prepared for a transition to ballet and other dance genres at higher levels.
Classes teach children:
• to move with control, coordination and confidence
• an awareness of their body and how it moves through space
• a sensitivity to music, and
• expression of emotions through movement.